Summer is long gone and autumn is slowly coming to an end. December 1st is the meteorological beginning of winter and we are facing bitterly cold winter days, when the heating is running at full speed and people are often afraid to open the windows. But especially in the cold seasons it is all the more important to ensure an ideal climate in your bedroom – proper heating and ventilation for an ideal bedroom temperature and a restful sleep is the key!
- The ideal bedroom temperature
- Heating and ventilation in winter – that’s how it works!
- versa excellence – A mattress for every temperature
The ideal bedroom temperature
Due to our heating systems, we often suffer from dry bedroom air in winter, which can be quite a strain on our body and therefore also on our sleep quality. Often the bedroom temperature is clearly too high, which has a negative effect on the melatonin production and leads to restless sleep. The ideal climate in our rooms is a humidity of 40-60% and a temperature of 15°C to 18°C. However, as we often tend to set the heating too high and only ventilate through a tilted window, we create – without realising it immediately – a bad indoor climate with too high temperatures and too low humidity.
Heating and ventilation in winter – that’s how it works!
Correct heating and, above all, ventilation is particularly important for an ideal bedroom temperature. If you pay attention to the following tips, nothing can go wrong and you will notice how your room climate and your sleep change for the better:
- Switch off all radiators completely before airing to avoid energy loss.
- In winter you should only ventilate the house occasionally: open the windows 1-2 times a day for about 15 minutes.
- When you ventilate, open the windows briefly but completely. When they are in the tilt position, too little air enters the room, which means that the exchange of air is too slow.
- By the way, the best way to ventilate is “crosswise”: open opposite windows at the same time, whether they are in the same room or not. But do not forget to open the doors in between. This ensures a quick exchange of air and a pleasant bedroom temperature!
- Do not forget to turn the radiators back on after airing.
versa excellence – A mattress for every temperature
The right choice of mattress is important, so that the climate under the blanket is right as well. The mattress versa excellence from Swissflex is a multi-talent, because in addition to a core of five layers that ensure high adaptability, two different sides of the mattress cover ensure a comfortable sleeping temperature all year round!
With a regular ventilation routine and the right mattress, you will reach your comfortable bedroom temperature, which will reward you with restful sleep. 😊
Nachelle nocom / unsplash.com
Geralt / pixabay.com